Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Yami no Matsuei: Manga vs. Anime

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Predictably Unstable's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Okies, I read the manga to as far as it would go and blah of Yami no Matsuei and then On Demand (yes, I have comcast) put up some episodes of it. GRRR! I SO do not like the show as much as the manga! Tsuzuki has BLACK hair! Not brown hair! Grrr....

    But which do you like?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Lucethira's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 29th, 2002
    Posts
    36
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hm well, I'm almost an exclusively manga person. I enjoy manga more than anime, so I don't invest in anime at all really.

    I've started reading the licensed Descendants of Darkness and I like it. I've had my eye on that bishy Tsuzuki for a while and now I finally get to read the series of him.

    (Yes, I know there are scanslations here but I just find it nicer to hold a book in my hand and read it.)

    I'd like to see what the anime is like but I just can't afford it right now. ^.^

  3. #3
    Inactive Member miyun's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2004
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i think it's kinda obvious that the manga of YnM is pretty much superior to the anime... the animation itself doesn't seem all that great to me, and a lot of arcs were missed out, since only the most important ones were left in... the series quite short anyway, so not much could be squeezed in. >< Didn't really like the character designs much either. XP

    The manga was great, though.. i was obsessed from the start. ^^= I still have yet to get my hands on the Viz version, though. >< the manga character designs seem to me to be much much more pretty. ^^

    That's not to say the anime wasn't enjoyable... though the last time i watched it i was in peals of laughter because of the dub. ._.'' i can't help but laugh every single time someone says something. ._.

  4. #4
    Inactive Member miyun's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2004
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    lol.. Muraki's voice... XD after i got over the complete shock and horror of it, i cracked up so much.... my younger brother can imitate it so perfectly, too.. << every time Muraki talks, i end up in peals of laughter... however, the downside is i cannot keep a straight face when watching the anime any longer, even in japanese. ><; i just cant get the voices out of my mind.. @___@

    to tell ya the truth, if i hadn't read the manga first, i'd have thought the anime was kinda odd.. i'm sure i'd have enjoyed it, though. ^.^

    my brother really likes it, and he's never read the manga, so it proves that it's still pretty good. ._.''

  5. #5
    Inactive Member Predictably Unstable's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 2004
    Posts
    2
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I really don't like the voices. Especially Hisoka's and both of the Gushoshin brother's. They really bug me. I thought Muraki's voice would be more like Yami Yugi's. But instead Tsuzuki has it. The only person's voice that I think is okay is Chief Konoe's. And maybe Tatsumi.

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Ayska's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2004
    Posts
    84
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    hehehehe the dub... yeah it's really quit pathetic ~_~ i have to watch the anime in japanese with subtitles cuz i just can't stand the voices in the english *eye twitches* Muraki's voice is by far the worst...

    i thought the art was not that bad in the anime. and i didn't really mind the character designs ^_^ *tackles and molests Hisoka* XD

    altogether i liked-ish the anime. it doesn't compare to the manga by any means but it's still ok. it's good enough where i would buy it soooo... yeah anyways that's my two cents bye now ^_^

  7. #7
    Inactive Member miyun's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2004
    Posts
    186
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Oriya's was okay for a while.. and then it got weird... erm... Tatsumi's wasn't too bad either. ._.'' I can't remember Chief Konoe's voice... ><;; but i thought Mariko's wasn't too bad.

    but there were more bad voices than good ones.. <<; i need to watch it again. XP

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •